Coachman Mailbox Post is rated
Rated 3 out of
Needs Better Prep Work
1. The box lists tools you need (heavy hammer & Phillips head), but doesn't mention a power drill.
2. You need the drill for holes that have to be put in the mounting board, placed as instructed in the paperwork. The holes should be predrilled.
3. The instructions don't mention actually attaching the mounting board.
4. The post may not rot, but the below ground mounting post is wood, and not so durable.
5. The mounting board is only big enough for a very small mailbox--had to use the old board.
Date published: 2009-12-02