Refreshments on the Road Solutions
More and more we are focusing on staying in shape—trying to maintain healthy eating habits and regularly hitting the gym in an effort to keep those problem pounds off and stay that way.
More and more we are focusing on staying in shape—trying to maintain healthy eating habits and regularly hitting the gym in an effort to keep those problem pounds off and stay that way. Fat burning cardiovascular workouts are a great way to stay healthy, keep fit and lose weight.
But, whatever your exercise regime, it is vitally important to stay hydrated. We all know water is critical for life and accounts for up to 75% of the human body. Water is essential in replacing fluids and minerals lost during exercise, carrying away waste in our systems and promoting good digestion, healthy skin and hair.
How can drinking water help my exercise routine?
When you exercise, heat builds up in muscles and your body temperature rises. This leads to perspiration or sweating, which naturally cools down the body but it also causes a loss of fluids! And, if you don’t drink enough to make up for the loss, your body could experience a drop in blood pressure, dizziness or nausea. So here are a few quick tips to help keep your body hydrated while you workout:
- Drink 2-3 cups of water 1 to 3 hours prior to exercise
- Fill up a water bottle and take regular 'sips' throughout the activity
- Drink 2-4 cups post exercise to be sure to replenish any lost fluids
- By eating right and getting plenty of physical exercise with proper hydration, you’ll stay healthier!
- Drink from a Rubbermaid Chug, Squirt or Sip Refill Reuse bottle or a Filter Fresh bottle and you’ll keep the environment healthy, too!